Information Collected and Its Uses
Active Information Collection (you type it in)
- In order to place an order with us, you must first create an account. This process is built-in to the shopping cart checkout process, but may be done separately of placing an order as well. During registration you are required to give contact information such as your name, email address, street address, phone number, and a password. We use this information to contact you if we have questions about an order you place.
- During the registration process, you may choose to receive our emailed newsletter by clicking the newsletter checkbox on the registration form. This is an opt-in process, meaning that you will not be put on our newsletter list if you do not actively click the newsletter checkbox. The newsletter email list will only be used to send out our periodic newsletter, and under no circumstances will it used for soliciting or given to third parties for any reason.
- Upon successful creation of your account, you will receive an email from us regarding the features available to you now that you have an account.
- Any information you provide to us in this process, except your email address, can be changed by you in the "My Account" section of our website. You can even opt-out from our newsletter email list if you had previously opted-in. If you want to change your email address, you may simply create a new account using your new email address, or if you'd like to retain your previous order history and address book, call us at 1-888-697-3524 and we'll make sure that your email address is changed.
- If you purchase a product from us, we request certain personally identifiable information from you during our order process. First, you must register (see above section). For every order, you must provide a shipping address and financial information (such as a credit card number, CCV number, and expiration date, or a paypal account name).
- We use this information for billing purposes and to fill your order.
- Upon a complete order from our website, you will receive an order summary email, including your order number, a link to find the status of your order, the products you purchased, your shipping and billing addresses, and your payment method.
- If, before your order is shipped, you'd like to change something about it, you may call us at 1-888-697-3524.
Links to Other Sites
- This website contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by Gettysburg Flag Works. Please be aware that we, Gettysburg Flag Works, are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites.
- We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information.
- This privacy statement applies only to information collected by this website.
Passive Information Collection (you don't type it in)
- A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user's computer. If enabled in your web browser, our website will save a cookie on your computer containing only a session ID. This session ID cookie makes it easier for you to navigate our site, and expires when you "logout" from our website, or close your browser. We do not link the session ID to any personally identifiable information you submit on our site.
- If your browser has cookies disabled, you may still use our site. The session ID will be saved in the URL string instead.
- Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Clear Gifs (Web Beacons/Web Bugs)
- We employ a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), that help us better manage our website content by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users in aggregate.
- In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user's computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We do not tie the information gathered by clear gifs to our customers' personally identifiable information.
- The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as your credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
- If you have any questions about security on our website, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes in this Privacy Statement
- We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here, by email, or by means of a notice on our home page.
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding
- By phone: 1-888-697-3524 or 1-518-479-3153
- By email: email@example.com
- By mail: P.O. Box 524, East Greenbush, NY 12061 USA
- Active Information Collection (you type it in)
Popular Resource Pages
Popular Product Pages