A Kid's Guide To The US Government
The President is in charge of a lot of things. He has a lot of power, but not all the power. The US government is set up so that nobody can have all the power to tell everyone what to do. This means that other people can override the President if they don’t agree with his decisions.
The government actually has three separate branches. The first branch, the Executive Branch, is the branch that carries out all the laws made by the government. Theis part of this branch. The Legislative Branch is the branch that actually makes the laws. The Congress, which is made up of the Senate and the House, is part of this branch. The Judicial Branch is in charge of making sure that the laws are fair to everyone. The Supreme Court and its Justices are part of this branch.
Every branch is set up so that no branch can have complete control of the government, which is what makes the United States a democracy.
- Government's Kid Site: Official US government site aimed at children.
- Congress for Kids: Explains how the Congress works to children.
- US Government for Kids: Details the government’s inner workings for kids.
- Government for Kids: A list of links to many sites that provide information about the government.
- Electing A President: Explains how a president is elected.
- Elections: Many links to sites that explain elections in more detail.
- White House Site: Official site of the White House.
- Important Documents: Explains about the documents that the government uses to make its laws.
- Kids in the House: A site about the White House, created for children.
- Presidents: Discusses all of the US Presidents and their elections.
- Kid's Place: Discusses government programs and how they work.
- House Bills: Explains about important law bills.
- US Patent and Trademark Office: Site that talks about aspects of the government.
- Political Parties: Explains the different political parties.
- US Senate: Official site for the US Senate.
- US Landmarks: Discusses important US symbols.
- Symbols of the United States: Discusses the symbols of the US and their history.
- 3 Branches of Government: Discusses the branches of government.
- Intro to the Government: Explains how the government works.
- Presidents' Sites: A list of sites that link to information on the presidents.
- President's Responsibilities: Describes the President’s job.
- The US Government: Provides explanations about the US government, and how it works.
- Legal & Law Enforcement office location, hours & phone numbers
Popular Resource Pages
Popular Product Pages