Local Fiberglass Flagpole Installation ServicesAt Gettysburg Flag Works, we install and repair local flagpoles within an approximate 30 mile radius of our location in East Greenbush, NY including Albany, Troy, Latham, Watervliet, Hudson, Ravena, Catskill, Williamstown, Pittsfield and Rotterdam. Pricing is based on size and location of pole as well as types of soil and additional equipment needed for the job.
Here are Some Flagpole Options to Consider
Flagpole Color Options
- White fiberglass
- Black (cast fiberglass)
- Bronze (cast fiberglass)
- Gray (cast fiberglass)
- CUSTOM - We can match your trim (or any other color)
Flagpole Installation Options
- Ground Sleeve
- Hinged Base (pole base has removable bolts allowing the pole to fold to the ground)
- Shoe Base (bolts into concrete, good for large commercial applications)
Flagpole Halyard Options
- Internal Halyard (rope is on the inside of the pole)
- External Halyard (rope is on the outside of the pole)
Flagpole Topper & Hardware Options
- Gold Ball
- Silver Ball
- Eagle on Ball
- Onion Shape
About Composite Fiberglass
- Composite fiberglass is by far the superior material for the construction of load bearing poles.
- Fiberglass will not rust, rot or corrode. This of course enhances the pole's long term strength and appearance, particularly in salt water or corrosive environments.
- Fiberglass has a significantly greater strength to weight ratio than competitive materials and therefore its lighter weight lowers shipping and on-site handling costs.
- Fiberglass is non-conductive, therefore enhancing safety from electrical hazards.
- Poles are computer designed based on NAAMM and AASHTO standards. Load bearing and deflection performance is verified through extensive and on-going destructive testing.
- Available in a range of standard colors but we can also match any specified color to tie in with the particular architectural color theme of a building or landscape area.
- Manufactured with a custom designed fiberglass woven roving which allows us to fabricate over 75% of the reinforcing glass in the vertical plane, maximizing desired rigidity and axial strength.
- The coating materials are of the highest quality and standard to ensure long lasting and maintenance free beauty.
- Our top sellers include the . and
Yardarms and Gaffs Explained
- A yardarm is a horizontal section on an in-ground flagpole which holds a separate halyard (rope) on each end. They are most often seen in nautical type installations along coasts and lakes. The style mimics the look of a tall ship with masts that had yardarms for rigging sails to.
- The gaff is a single pole that extends off of the vertical flagpole at an angle. This type of pole will be used to attache another halyard (rope) to a single flagpole.
- It is not uncommon for both a yardarm and a gaff to be used on a nautical flagpole. Many harbors or yacht clubs display this sort of pole with the American Flag, State Flag, Town, Private Ensign and other flags all on one pole.
- Remember that with each additional flag, the pull increases on the base of the pole. A flagpole of this sort needs to be very strong to withstand coastal winds and flags should be removed during bad storms to protect the pole and property around the pole.
- Flagpoles are available in different strengths based on the wind ratings in your location. Click here and enter your zip code to find out what your wind rating is: Wind Rating Chart
Not sure which fiberglass flagpole to buy? We'll take the guess work out of purchasing a flagpole for your home or business.us online or give us a call at 1-888-697-3524 to speak to one of our friendly specialists today!
|Flag Size||2x3', 2.5x4', 3x5', 4x6', 5x8', 6x10'|
|Mounting||Grommets, D-Rings, Ropes & Thimbles, Freestanding|
|Length||20', 25', 30', 35', 40', 50', 60', 70', 80', 90', 100'|
Write Your Own Review